The post holder will provide care for the presenting patient, treatment, chronic disease management and evaluation of care. As well as providing the full range of primary care to our patients including immunisation for adults and children, cervical cytology, wound management, Asthma review, Diabetes review, Swabs, Mental Health Review, Health checks, Infection control management/audits etc.
An individual who can work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of the patients, ensuring that practice policies and procedures are followed
Hours are varied Monday – Friday
Salary subject to experience
Responsible to: The Partners (Clinically), The Practice Manager (Administratively)
The practice nurse will work as part of the primary healthcare team providing General Medical Services to the patients of the practice.
- Competent in basic nursing duties required for the post
- Commitment to professional development
- Experience and competent in General Treatment Room Duties
- Experience of working in accordance with the UKCC Code of Practice
- Experience of dealing with the public/patients
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Ability to work without direct supervision and determine own workload priorities
- Ability to work as part of an integrated multi-skilled team
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to use own judgment, resourcefulness and common sense.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to develop nursing skills
- Able to work in a changing environment
- Able to work at the desired times.
- Flexible and able to cover for colleague absence through sickness, annual
- Experience of primary care
For more information contact Harjit Gill Harjit.email@example.com