We are seeking a full-time Medical Secretary to work in a busy NHS GP Surgery in Edgbaston, 37.5 hours per week 5 days a week. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours and to cover staff holidays.
A candidate who is professional, friendly, has a good telephone manner and takes pride in their work. You will be the main point of contact for the clinical team in our surgery in connection with their referrals you must have excellent computer skills.
Hours are varied Monday – Friday
Salary subject to experience
The practice nurse will work as part of the primary healthcare team providing General Medical Services to the patients of the practice.
The following are the core responsibilities of the Medical Secretary. There may be, on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Typing letters, reports, and associated documentation as required
- Liaising with external agencies such as hospitals and community services, ensuring referrals are processed efficiently
- Managing all enquiries in an effective manner
- Maintaining an accurate referrals database
- Actioning all incoming email
- Processing calling letters as requested
- Inputting data into the patients' healthcare records as necessary
- Processing referrals using the electronic referral system (ERS)
- Processing requests for information i.e., SAR, insurance/solicitors letters, and DVLA forms
- Arrange medicals and ensure appropriate paperwork is available for appointment with the GP. (DVLA/HGV/Shotgun license/Diving etc.)
- Clinically coding data on SystmOne
- Answering incoming phone calls, transferring calls, or dealing with the callers' requests appropriately
- Managing all administrative queries as necessary
- Maintaining a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times
For more information contact Harjit Gill Harjit.email@example.com